Are you an experienced multi-skilled trades professional with superb painting and decorating skills?
If you’d relish the opportunity to join a reputable and thriving business, working on diverse residential projects within customer facing roles, this opportunity is not to be missed!
Due to exciting growth plans, A & S Contractors have an exciting opportunity for a quality driven trades professional possessing high personal standards and superb people skills. A & S Contractors (NW) Ltd provide services in buildings maintenance, mechanical and electrical, construction, refurbishment and facilities management.
Having gained an enviable reputation working with large corporate and public sector clients, the standards of A & S Contractors (NW) Ltd are very high and the team are expected to deliver excellent workmanship in an efficient and professional manner at all times. Newly created opportunities are currently available for Technicians within the Customer Care division which supports the largest house builders throughout the UK with minor defect issues, by completing works such as creaking floor boards, settling cracks and minor condensation issues, to name a few.
As a Multi-Skilled Technician you’ll take responsibility for a range of allocated daily tasks within your geographical area, ensuring work is completed on time and to the highest possible standards, whilst operating in a professional and friendly manner to deliver high standards of customer service on behalf of the house builders.
Although you’ll be working autonomously, support from an apprentice will be available where jobs require. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Carrying out painting and decorating jobs to a high standard
- Working to detailed briefs for assigned work
- Taking a hands on approach to a wide variety of jobs including joinery, tiling, patch plastering, labouring, etc.
- Ensuring materials and machinery for jobs are organised with head office colleagues
- Efficiently communicating updates to colleagues and customers
- Completing paperwork daily and submitting electronically in a timely manner
- Attending head office meetings once a week
To be considered for this Multi-Skilled Technician role you will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience within painting along with other building / maintenance work
- Proactive and flexible approach towards tasks
- Professional and diplomatic with a helpful manner and positive can do attitude
- Superb communication and customer facing skills
- Dedication and passion to complete projects within tight deadlines to a high standard
- Possess own hand tools
- Basic IT skills to receive and submit work updates
- Full UK driving licence
Due to the nature of the work undertaken by the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Check. In return, you will be part of an ambitious company with a diverse workload currently spanning North West England and North Wales, with plans to extend the service offering across the UK.
Salary: £28,000 dependent upon experience, plus overtime Benefits. Access to company van, company uniform, annual tool allowance.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet business and customer needs, including occasional evening / weekend work.
Location: Field based predominantly covering projects in Chester and surrounding areas, with daily visits to the head office in Deeside (Flintshire, North Wales).
Contract Type: Permanent