Job Title: Commercial Manager
Job Type: Permanent Position
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 – 17:00
Who we are and what we do:
A & S Contractors (NW) Ltd provide services in buildings maintenance, mechanical and electrical, construction, refurbishment, and facilities management. With working with the UK’s largest house builders, we have one of the best reputations in the area, therefore meaning our standards of work and customer service levels are very high.
- Design, deliver and evolve company commercial process to ensure information is clear and transparent and key stakeholders are aware of performance and risks.
- Work alongside the current accounts department production of month end management accounts, budgeting, forecasting.
- Overviewing and working with the existing procurement department
- Being the internal connection between each department of the business to ensure we are as commercial efficient as we can be.
- Monitoring incoming client orders and management of our new CRM system.
- Review customer billing milestones and ensure they are achieved on a timely basis.
- Statutory accounting, reporting for year end.
- Report weekly on business WIP (Work in Progress) to the board and work with Operations Management to ensure that company WIP SLAs are met.
- Including solutions where milestones are a barrier to being able to invoice work completed on a timely basis.
- Deal with any commercial issues quickly ensuring that the business is not exposed to unnecessary risk.
- Provide insightful analysis to support and enhance the sales and margin performance, proactively challenging performance when required.
- Ensure accurate invoicing of supplier funding and commercial income in line with financial deadlines.
- 3-5 years relevant Commercial management experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Effective stakeholder management
- Risk management; control risk and mitigate against it
- Ability to travel to customer meetings where commercial input required
- Have experience of working in a senior finance role within the construction sector
- Be confident to hit the ground running and controlling the full P&L for your division
- Have excellent IT & Excel skills
The Commercial Manager role will be responsible for the commercial and financial management of the company’s structure for example internal processes and systems are being updated and work is being completed, approved, and invoiced within business SLAs. To achieve this the Commercial manager will need to maintain high quality reporting and effectively ensure that company policies and processes around use of systems, data capture, internal and customer purchasing polices are followed.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Career@aandscontractors.co.uk, due to the high volume of applications we are unable to respond to everyone. If you haven’t received a response within 7 working days, you have been unsuccessful.
For more information, please contact our head office on 01244 543465.